Oh, how I have longed for the day to come when I had all the time I wanted to write and write and write with the intention of publishing. That day has finally come. And I am so very excited!!! It’s finally going to happen! All the stories I have already written can now be revised and be published–probably self-published. All the story ideas I’ve had percolating can be written and published because I have the time to write.
And the nonfiction writing ideas can finally be put pen to paper–or hand to computer, as the real case will end up being.
I am finally getting the opportunity to live a dream.
And I’m stalled.
* What do I begin with? Revising something I’ve already written? Starting something new? An idea that I’ve started and re-started multiple times? A practice with self-publishing just to practice with self-publishing?
* Every time I sit down to work on a favored project, I find that I struggle while working on the computer. I guess I’m going to have to begin by hand. I am fighting this part of the process because I know that I can type so much faster than I write by hand and it is easier for me to type. Besides, my carpal tunnel and my tendonitis are both acting up significantly, making it very difficult for me to write by hand at all. As a writer, I know the benefits of writing by hand when my gut tells me that I need to write by hand, but I also know that my hand just hurts. I guess I’m just going to have to grin and bear it and/or write in short spurts.
* Do I go ahead and work on getting an agent or do I focus on self-publishing first? I simply cannot decide!!!
* Should I create a daily schedule for myself? A part of me feels like I ought to create a daily schedule but then another part of me thinks that’s just silly. Maybe I should just try it and see how it goes. It can’t hurt to try it.
* I want to go through all the books we brought home my office, but I don’t have anywhere to put them yet, so that’s not a good idea–yet. I just want to play with them! LOL.
I am ready to write and write! I just have so much I want to do and it’s making me feel a little discombobulated and overwhelmed, but I’ll figure it out!